lah be pleased with him related that the Prophet said this as reported in Tirmidhi).
The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said:
Supplications (Duas) of three persons are not refused: a fasting man when breaking the fast, a just ruler, and an oppressed person, Allah’s blessings be upon him.
(Abu Huraira in Tirmidhi).
No one makes a Dua without Allah giving him what he asks for, or keeping away from him a similar amount of evil, provided he does not ask for something sinful, or for breaking family ties
(Jabir related this as the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) saying: Tirmidhi).
For a number of non-Arabic speaking Muslims, Duas are sometimes perceived as the good Arabic words Imams utter after prayers. They usually resort to simply repeating “Ameen” after everyone else, without understanding what they are asking Allah for.
Other non-Arabic speaking Muslims may try to memorize some of the major Duas in Arabic and can and do understand what’s being said.
But one thing that’s often forgotten about Dua is that it’s direct communication with Allaah. And Allaah is multilingua l. He actually created them all. He knows all languages, whether it’s the specific dialect of your village back home of the slangy street talk of urban India.
Allaah also knows what’s hidden in the deep recesses of our hearts. Those feelings of pain, anguish, resentment, love, hatred, bitterness, longing, etc. that we so successfully hide from everyone else, including our closest family members and friends.
So why not let it all out. Why not let Allaah be your “therapist”. Let your prayer mat be your “couch” while you reveal and ask the One who is in control, Who knows you better than you know yourself for all that you want.
There are Duas that are definitely part of the Sunnah, which you can and should use during Laylatul Qadr.
For example in this Hadith: It is narrated from Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, that she said: I said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the Night of Qadr what should I say?.’ He said: ‘Say: O Allah you are embodiment of forgiveness and you love to pardon so pardon me.’ [Ahmad, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi]
However, Dua cannot be done in a distracted manner, as the Prophet has said in a Hadeeth narrated by Abu Hurairah: Make Dua and be assured of being answered, and know that Allaah does not answer a Dua from a careless heart which is not concentrating (Tirmidhi).
Here are some examples of personal, relevant Duas you can make in these remaining days of Ramadan, Insha Allaah: al-hamdu lillaahi rabb il-‘aalameen, wa as-salaatu wa as-salaam ‘alaa ashraf il-ambiyaa’i wa al-mursaleen, nabiyyinaa Muhammad, wa ‘alaa aalihi wa sahbihi ajma’een.
1. O Allaah, please forgive me for all of the bad that I’ve done, and I continue to do. You are so Merciful and kind, please forgive me, and help me stay away from all that’s wrong. It’s so hard for me, and I’m so weak but You are the Strong. Please increase me in sincerity.
2. O Allaah, I beg You, please guide my parents and my brothers toward You. Do not let them die without realizing who their Lord is. Let them see the truth and help them resist the pressure of friends who try to turn them away from You.
3. O Allaah, bless those fine human beings with your bounties whose kind heart reaches out to their Non-Muslim neighbors throughout the world.
4. O Allaah, please guide my neighbors, toward You. They are such decent, good people, and they are so good to us. They have never opposed us in our Deen, and You have seen how they have been so open to us. Please guide them to the right path
5. O Allaah, make every single aspect of my life be for You and in service of Your Creation. Please remove all false intentions that I have.
6. O Allaah, save humanity from being its own enemy. Protect Your creation from oppression. Save the people of Afghanistan, Palestine, Kashmir, Chechnya and Iraq from internal and external oppressors and give them justice. Protect us all from violence, fear and danger, You are our Protector.
7. Ya Allaah, let me love You as You deserved to be loved, and let me fear You as You deserve to be feared, and let me leave this world serving Your creation for Your sake.
8. O Allaah, increase me in knowledge, but let this knowledge be with sincerity, not seeking fame, glory, status, material wealth. Let this knowledge serve Your cause in a way that You accept, and let it benefit humanity.
9. O Allaah, please guide my children and all childrens. They are surrounded by so much temptation and Haram, protect them my Lord from all of the evil influences that are around them. Give them friends who will strengthen their faith and help them stay on the Straight Path.
10. O Allaah, guide me to seek my knowledge of You and this blessed Deen (religion) from those who are sincere, who possess the correct Islamic knowledge, who are moderate and gentle, who are not harsh or impatient with me, and who understand where I’m coming from, my situation as a Muslim in this country, living in this world today.
11. O Allaah, please help me stay away from Haram in achieving the best of this world.
12. O Allaah, don’t let me ever turn away from You, no matter how many trials and difficulties You test me with. Let these difficulties serve to make me a stronger Muslim and more sincere to You.
13. O Allaah, bless our scholars and leaders who are striving to establish Islaam in this world on the balanced path of Your beloved Prophet(saws).
14. O Allaah, bless all of those who have taught me about You and Islaam, from little Ubaidullah at the Islamic International school, who taught me the importance of being patient with little kids, to All our Shaykhs, who, taught me the importance of speaking the Truth, no matter how much others dislike it.
15. O Allaah, give me the ability to forgive all those who have hurt me in word and deed, especially my Friend ……, who has ignored every attempt I have made to reconcile with him. And Please Oh Allaah, join our hearts.
16. O Allaah, please get me out of this horrible debt that is burdening me. Please give me means that are Halaal to get out of this as soon as possible, so that I can face You on the Day of Judgment free of all debts.
17. O Allaah, open a way for our Brothers to marry as soon as possible. Let them marry a sister who is sincere and devoted to You and who is compatible with them.
18. O Allaah, open a way for sisters to marry as soon as possible. Let them marry a brother who is sincere and devoted to You and who is compatible with them.
19. O Allaah, please grant my Brothers and his wife healthy children. And they Insha Allah would make such great Muslim parents. Please grant them children who will grow up to be a source of Mercy for them.
20. [/b]O Allaah, help orphans and poor wherever they are, but especially right now in Afghanistan. Give me the means and ability to do whatever I can for them.
21. O Allaah, guide and protect our teenagers who need Your Help and Guidance from all of the temptations of sex, drugs, alcohol and all of the other Harams in our society.
22. O Allaah, cleanse my heart of the sicknesses of arrogance and pride and let me die as one of te sincere, humble Muslims.
23. O Allaah, all of my brothers and sisters who are suffering for Your sake through torture, violence, in jails, etc., around the world please forgive their sins and grant them paradise.
24. O Allaah, I have been so impatient and angry in my behavior, please give me patience and help me control my anger for Your sake.
25. O Allaah, open a way for me to make Hajj as soon as possible, so that I can fulfill my obligation to You.
26. O Allaah, give one who is not well and much in trouble because of their sickness. Please give them patience and let their sickness be a way for their sins to be forgiven.
27. O Allaah, lift the veils from the eyes of those who have been deceived into seeing Islaam as something bad because of ignorance and media stereotypes.
28. O Allaah, bring all humans closer to You and each other. Please do not make us Muslims a test for them with our misrepresentation of Islaam because of our bad behavior.
29. O Allaah, help me to stop all my bad habits.
30. O Allaah, please help all our brothers to give up smoking. And make it easy for them to realise that it is Haraam they think it’s hard to give up smoking, but only You can make it easy.
31. O Allaah! Give us a share of Your fear to prevent us from disobeying You, of obedience to guide us for the way to Your paradise and of conviction to relieve us of the burdens of life.
32. O Allaah! Let us enjoy our hearing, sight and powers throughout our life span and make it a heritage afterwards. Direct our revenge towards those who were unjust to us and help us against our enemies. Let us not suffer a calamity concerning our religion and make us not take this world as our greatest concern or a goal for our knowledge. Do not punish us for our sins through someone who fears You not and will have no pity on us.
33. O Allaah! We ask You to be pleased with us, reward is with the Paradise and we seek Your refuge from Your anger and punishment of the Fire.
34. O Allaah! We call You to get into paradise and make us closer to it by any act or saying and protect us from Fire and from any act or saying that makes us closer to it.
35. O Allaah! We ask You everything that is good, in this world and the Hereafter, whether we know it or not; and seek Your protection from everything that is bad, in this world and the Hereafter, whether we know it or not.
36. O Allaah! We ask You of the best things asked by Your servant and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and Your pious servants. We also seek Your protection from the worst things from which Your Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and pious servants sought Your protection.
37. O Allaah! Forgive us because You love forgiving and You are All-forgiving.
38. O Allaah! Relieve the distressed ones of their worries and the oppressed ones of their troubles. Settle the debts for the indebted persons and give cure to the sick, whether they are blood brothers or brothers in Islam.
Content Published By the SFiProfile
- Sci-Fi-islam Content2021.08.02The World’s First True Floating Island City Could Reimagine Survival
- Sci-Fi-islam Content2021.08.02June Solstice: Summer’s First Day
- Sci-Fi-islam Content2021.08.01The world of Dune expands in exclusive first look at ‘Blood of the Sardaukar’ comic series
- Sci-Fi-islam Content2021.07.26Specialisation